What is ISAR / SARTECH III?
This Introduction to Search and Rescue (ISAR)/SARTECH III course is designed to provide knowledge of general responsibilities, skills, abilities, and the equipment needed by persons who would be participating in a search or rescue mission. The course is based on rural and wilderness environments but the content provides a base of knowledge for all SAR environments.
ISAR/SARTECH III is the first course to higher level NASAR courses of training for emergency personnel. It provides a common starting point in training for the new person to SAR and in many cases, an excellent refresher course for the more experienced SAR worker. This common starting point provides continuity during SAR operations and future training of all team members.
ISAR is designed to prepare the student for SARTECH III certification, according to the knowledge objectives defined in the NASAR Certification Criteria for SARTECH III. The multiple choice SARTECH III online exam is taken at the end of the ISAR course.
Registration includes all meals, lodging, background check, textbook, SARTECH 3 exam, and NSAR Membership.
Who should come?
- Those who are interested in becoming involved or have just become involved with search and rescue operations.
- SAR personnel who would like to maintain or refresh their knowledge of search and rescue.
- Emergency response personnel who belong to organizations that provide resources and assistance during search and rescue missions.
- Managers of emergency response organizations who want to understand the state-of-the-art skills and knowledge needed by the SAR workers.
- Community members and groups (scouts, hunters, hikers, etc.) who have an interest in safety and preventative SAR operations.
- CRI Responders who would like to become part of our official CRI SAR Teams (in development).
- All are welcome! Please let us know if you have a disability or physical condition so we can best accommodate you.
*There are no prerequisites to attend this training or to take the SARTECH III Exam.
*We are taking applications for Event Staff. See below for more information.
What can I expect?
The event is held at the CRI MIssion Base, a beautiful 84-acre property nestled at the base of the Blue Ridge Mountains. Lodging consists of dormitory-style cabins with bathrooms, heat/air conditioning, etc.
You can expect to enjoy daily corporate worship in the mornings and evenings, family-style dining and classroom-style training combined with hands-on exercises. For those who are unfamiliar with CRI, we are a non-profit Christian disaster relief/crisis response ministry.
The practical, experiential skills instruction will be interspersed with powerful sessions designed to take you deep into the heart of God and His desire for you and the mission of doing Search and Rescue. We’re sure you will encounter Him and make lifelong friends as you embark on this exciting journey.
What You'll Learn
SAR: What is it and How do you Fit?
Components of SAR
SAR Management System
Land Navigation and Orienteering
Search Philosophy and Probability Theory
Lost Person Behavior
Helicopter Operations in SAR Communications
Who You'll Learn From
To Be Announced
Co-Founder, Director, Chairman
Sean found a front row seat at Ground Zero after the 9/11 attacks. There he provided lighting for the search and rescue operations. This is where the seeds for being involved in crisis response work were planted. In 2007 he and his wife Laura officially launched Crisis Response International. Since then, CRI has trained thousands of responders to reach the harvest in the midst of crisis.
Here's Where We Answer Your Questions
Location: CRI Mission Base, Training Camp & Conference Center
Address: 2494 Camp Jaycee Road, Blue Ridge, Virginia 24064
Date: Tuesday, August 13 – Saturday, August 17, 2019
Shuttles: CRI shuttle available for $10 each way to and from Roanoke-Blacksburg Regional Airport (ROA). Must request during registration.
- Tuesday, August 13 – Shuttles run from 12 – 5 PM from (ROA) to the camp.
- Saturday, August 17 – Shuttles run from 4:15 AM – 11 AM from the camp to (ROA).
Registration includes SARTECH III textbook, online exam fee, and NASAR membership. The minimum age for participation is 18.
Price includes all meals, lodging, background check, textbook, SARTECH 3 exam, and NSAR Membership.
- Individual / per person – $540
- Couples / per person – $520
- Group Rate (5 or more) / per person – $520
- Individual / per person (for those lodging offsite) – $440
For those who would like to lodge offsite, you are more than welcome to do so, but we encourage trainees if at all possible, to join us at the base as there is much value in the full experience.
For questions regarding this event, please email Val at email@example.com or simply click "Register For ISAR / SARTECH III" below for more details.Val CooperCRI Training Director