The New CRI Mission Base
Since 2007, Crisis Response International has trained nearly 10,000 crisis response volunteers to respond to the urgent needs of those affected by disaster and crisis around the world.
Our main challenges over the years have been related to to the lack of an adequate training facility, missional housing for staff and a centralized location for our base of operations and relief warehousing.
We are excited to announce that CRI has purchased an 84-acre training camp, mission base, and conference center located in Blue Ridge, Virginia!
With 21 structures, this camp facility allows us to run year-round training events, schools, retreats, and conferences so we can train more volunteers and ultimately reach more people in crisis around the world.
In addition, the new facility has plenty of room for our response trucks and trailers, warehousing for relief supplies and housing for full-time staff. We are so excited that CRI will finally be able to grow and ultimately make an even greater impact around the world.
We are very excited and humbled at this opportunity to train countless CRI Responders as well as full-time Crisis Response Missionaries. The facility will be run as a year-round mission base and we are going to need lots of help.
Here are a few ways you can get involved:
- Join Missionary Staff
- Allocate and donate needed items (see below)
- Donate towards base improvements
- Donate your time – Join the deployment to the new base.
- Become a Monthly Partner “Trust Partner” to underwrite operations on the camp.
- Help us spread the word about our events.
Mission Base Features
- Multipurpose dining/meeting hall for 150 people.
- Full commercial kitchen, walk-in cooler, and freezers.
- Two staff housing buildings with kitchens, living and dining rooms and porches.
- Eight dormitories that can house a minimum of 16 guests each.
- A prayer room (H.O.P.E.)
- Classroom space.
- A horse barn, farm, and livestock area.
- A single family home.
- Walking trails & bonfire area.
- A covered pavilion that can seat 100+.
- A large outdoor multipurpose building and warehouse.
- Maintenance shop & several accessory buildings.
- In-ground swimming pool.
- Large pond with dock and covered pavilion.
- Administrative offices.
- Acreage for future development.
- Large wooded areas.
- Property adjoins Jefferson National Forest in the Blue Ridge Mts.
- Right off the famous and historic Blue Ridge Parkway.
- Minutes to the Appalachian Trail.
What We Need
In addition to funding, We need of the following items to be donated or sponsored to make this camp operational:
Tools & Equipment
- Commercial Grade Pallet Racking
- Mechanics Tools
- Table Saw
- Paint Sprayer
- Air Compressor
- Golf Cart
- Utility Vehicle
- Old Pick-Up Truck
- Zero Turn Lawn Mower
- Farm Tractor
- Farm Equipment
- Lawn Maintenace Tools
- 50 Gallon Metal & Plastic Drums
- Extension Ladders
- Step Ladders
- Drop Cloths
- Farm Fuel Tanks
- Pallet Jack
- Shop Tools
- Tool Boxes
- Small Equipment / Open Trailer
- Feeding Troughs
- Water Tanks
- Bulk Floor Coverings
- Bulk LED Lighting
- Bulk Tile.
- New Curtains
- Rocking Chairs
- Couches (in new condition)
- Used Christian Books & Bibles
- Coffee Tables
- Throw Rugs
- Quality Bookshelves
- Commercial Grade Kitchen Appliances
- Lunch Trays
- Space Heaters
- Window AC Units
- New Pillows
- Throw Pillows
- Staff Kitchen Appliances
- Clothing Racks
- Bar Tables
- High Top Chairs
- Camp Chairs
- John Boat
- Patio & Pool Furniture
- Mountain Bikes
- Used Backpacks
- Sporting Goods & Equipment
- Climbing Harness
- Gym or Exercise Mats
- Kids Play Set
- Kids Bikes
How You Can Help
This property has been appraised at $2.4 million. However, we were able to purchase it for only $610,000.00.
In order for the CRI Camp to be debt free, make urgent repairs, modify the warehouse, purchase essential equipment and overhaul the septic system, we need to raise a total of $1M total.
On the link below, you can view pictures of the entire camp. There you can pick a building or area of the camp that you can donate towards and become a sponsor. You can sponsor the building or an area of the camp in full or in part; either way, every gift counts towards that specific sponsorship goal until the need is met.
We need your help to make this dream a full reality. We invite you to click on the “Donate & Learn More”button below to go to our campaign page to see lots of pictures, learn about each area of the camp, understand our goals and follow the progress of this fundraising campaign.